First Macan Conference – Berlin, November 2009
The first MACAN conference will take place between November 14-17, 2009, at the Harnack-Haus in Berlin, Germany.
The conference is based on Keynote and Invited talks, as well as structured discussions and poster presentations.
All speakers and MACAN partners are invited to bring one young scientist, who will be required to present a poster presentation.
Details on registration, instructions for the preparation of extended abstracts, and other relevant information regarding the conference can be found on the menu.
Please use this word file as a template for your abstract.
Travel and Registration Reimbursement
Financial travel reports have to be received in order to receive reimbursement for travel and registration expenses. A standard travel report via your institute is acceptable, or you can use the form which can be downloaded here.
Instructions for Young Scientists:
Each speaker and MACAN partner is allowed to bring one young scientist to the conference.
Participation of young scientists requires:
- Registration by September 4th, 2009.
- Submission of an abstract following the instructions by September 4th, 2009.
- Submission of a brief explanation regarding the name, affiliation, and topic of research of the young scientist. This should be prepared as a letter to Dr. Dominique Chatain.
- Presentation of a poster during the conference, as well as a 3 minute oral introduction to the poster.
- Completion of the Response Form after the conference.
- Submission of a Travel Report to receive reimbursement for registration and venue.
Information About the Venue and How to Arrive
14195 Dahlem, Berlin, Germany
MACAN Berlin Meeting – November 14-17, 2009
The full program including abstracts can be dowloaded in PDF format by clicking here (~7.5 MB).